CALLING ALL BRIGHT SPARKS
09.04.2018 - by John Clough
We are hiring!
Background to HB Technology
Harwood Brittain (HB) Technology is a growing provider of outsourced IT services to businesses and charities on the south coast. Our clients typically operate computer networks with between 1 and 10 virtual servers, and between 5 and 75 network users. Although we provide IT infrastructure and expertise, at our heart we are a service company. The company currently comprises two directors and three employees so is a great opportunity to join an organisation in its early stages that is constantly evolving.The company has enjoyed continued growth over the last two years. This role has come about because the current support engineer is moving in to an on site role due to the increased volume of projects that we are delivering.
We require a dedicated technician to provide IT support services to our clients, and that of our sister company TT Systems.The role is to both reactively resolve client issues that arise, and proactively ensure that our clients computer infrastructure is well managed and documented. We also encourage recommendations on how clients can more effectively use IT to progress their own organisation.
Day to day
We offer a varied role that will typically include;
- Management of server, firewall, and switch infrastucture
- Management of onsite backup and offsite replication
- First point of call for client issues normally initiated by phone or email
- Manage the issue from first contact through to resolution, using diagnostic tools an using pertinent questions
- Most calls can be resolved remotely but some site visits will be required
- Log all calls and provide full traceability of actions taken and outcomes
- Shadow our onsite team through some installations and on completion for support handover
The successful candidate
Our perfect candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics;
- Intellect: be educated to 'A' level or equivalent, or have proven ability to learn quickly
- Personality traits: confident, optimistic, friendly, influential, good communicator both orally and in writing, composed, dependable, patient, persistent, calm, listening, consistent, careful, diplomatic, mild, approachable.
- Behaviours: embrace and drive change, pursue growth and learning, counsel - teach - guide, uncover what people really want, think before acting, deliver effectively, work without judgement, objectively find the best outcome, seek to help and care
we require at least one years experience working in an IT helpdesk environment.
The helpdesk role encounters a varied range of issues and technologies on a day to day basis, and if your core motivation is to care for, and help our clients organisation through continued improvement and service then this is the role for you. This role is however a great opportunity to learn and gain a strong technical knowledge that can be used in other roles that will present themselves as the company grows, including implementation consultant, including specialisation in security, Office 365, or cloud environments.
Based on the edge of the New Forest on the A31 near Cadnam, our office is located 25 minutes or less from Bournemouth, Ringwood, Salisbury, Romsey, Southampton, Winchester, and Lymington. Our office has free parking, and views of the New Forest all the way to the Isle of Wight.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
For more information email your cv to email@example.com.
Category : Talent